Monday, October 6, 2008

Breakfast at Tiffanys

I never seen the movie or read the book..i didnt even know the movie was based on a
book, I know Breakfast at Tiffanys is famous is reference in pop culture all the time. I
know the movie starts Audrey Hepburn(who is beautiful). I can see now why its so
famous, but i cant really see Audrey Hepburn play the part of Holly Golightly because
Audrey has so much elegance and class. But anyways the book was very interesting and
Holly was such an interesting character there is much mystery and elegance to her(I
could see why Audrey Hepburn plays her since she has elegance). She is woman who is
control of her self and not like any other women of her time. I could see why most
people would call her a slut since shes not being very lady like and the lifestyle that she
lives. There again with amguilty what she is and the kind of life she lives. Holly Golightly
reminds me of the metaphor we had for Maggie of a cat. Holly reference how she doesn't
like to see things in a cage and having a cat with no name that no one owns. She is a
way a cat wondering where ever or doing what ever she wants, without having anyone
own her. She can not be retrain since shes just like a wild cat. She does say "Never love
a wild thing,Mr. Bell"(74). That is clearly meaning to herself a wild thing that does what
she wants.

No comments: